Saturday, December 3, 2011

From The Vault/1

Five Years Ago

So, I'm starting to re-think pep band.

It's too late to re-think band.  That ship sailed in Jr. High.  That Rubicon has long since been crossed.  I am already a band nerd.  It has been forever burned into my permanent record, in twenty inch cherry red letters on the fabric of my entire existence.

But pep band.  I'm not so sure.

I mean, the only instrument left is the bass.  I mean, no one cares about the bassist.

Maybe that's a blessing in disguise, though.  I won't be so thoroughly embarrassed when we play at halftime.  And I mean every halftime.  I didn't even know some of these sports had a halftime.

But, well, maybe it'll be cool, learning something new.  I mean, bass guitar might not be much but it's better than clarinet or oboe.   I don't even know what I was thinking, picking the oboe.  I'd get more enjoyment out of killing a duck, and I'd make the same sound.

Later, journal.

~~Destiny

No comments:

Post a Comment