Sunday, December 4, 2011

Well, This Can't Be Good

The snake was still there when I woke up.  This is weird, because a SOTERM typically reflexively shifts realities every six hours or so.  It's like, breathing or digestion to it.  Then I realized that the ground wasn't vibrating with its breaths, and that carrion birds were circling it and not getting slurped out of the air by its massive barbed tongue. I decided to magic up a closer look.

Apparently, when it moved earlier?  That wasn't it stirring.  That was it shifting.  It's dead.

To clarify, this is a mile long snake.  They have been known to eat, or at least attack, cities.  Their hides can withstand missile fire--I've seen one eat a missile before, explosion and all, and not look any worse for the wear.  I've never heard of one being actually, you know, killed before.  A typical Serpent of the Endless Ravening Maw's part of the Infinite Song is kinda nigh-infinite too.  It's like someone killed a mountain.  Or Jupiter's Orange Spot.

And wow, was it killed.  I mean damn.  Basically no chance natural causes took this thing.  To put it in eloquent, medical terms, something majorly fucked that worldsnake up.  Big time.

I really, really hope  it shifted into our reality during its death throes because I am not comfortable with the idea that something that can jack the fuck up a SOTERM is walking around here somewhere.

In good news, though, I managed to find a couple loose teeth and scales.  Whatever I don't use should get a pretty good price.

Anyway, back on the road.  Hopefully tomorrow or the day after I can get my vision quest on.

~~Destiny

No comments:

Post a Comment